You might have noticed a membership sticker in our window recently. It doesn't mean "here's soap colored green" or "happy silly cheerful gifts" ... it means something much more important to you as a consumer.
We are very proud members of the Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetic Guild and as such, we are sworn to:
- Promote the handcrafted soap & cosmetic industry and assist in its recognition and acceptance.
- Encourage a spirit of respect, cooperation, ethical conduct, and fair dealing with and between all soap and cosmetic makers, whether members of the HSCG or not.
- Conduct [ourselves] in a manner which inspires confidence in and reflects well of the handcrafted soap & cosmetic industry.
- Conduct [our] business in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws.
- Follow good manufacturing practices in the production of [our] handcrafted soaps and cosmetics.
- Ensure [our] soaps and cosmetics are safe for use by the consumer.
- Accurately label [our] soaps and cosmetics in accordance with the current regulations of the authorized governmental body in [the United States].
- Provide accurate information to [our] customers regarding the ingredients, benefits, and use of [our] products [and those that we carry in our store].
- Honor property rights, including copyrights and patents and give proper credit for another’s work even in cases where the work has not been explicitly protected.
- Use and protect marks and trademarks of the Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetic Guild in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Board of Directors.
- Uphold and promote the principles of this Code.
When you see this membership on display, you can rest assured that the business you're purchasing from has taken voluntary steps to learn their craft, to produce the very best possible product for you, and protect you as a consumer.
If you ever have questions about ANY product in our store, you need only ask. If we don't know the answer, we will happily look it up so that you can have peace of mind about the products you take home with you to enjoy.